1938 Buick Y-Job Black LTD To 1002 Pieces 1/18 Scale By Auto World AMM1120
- Brand new 1:18 scale diecast car model of 1938 Buick Y-Job Black Limited Edition to 1002pc die cast model car by Autoworld.
- Brand new box.
- Rubber tires.
- Detailed interior, exterior.
- Detailed engine.
- Steerable front wheels.
- Accurate interior, exterior and chassis.
- Opening doors, hood and trunk.
- Dimensions approximately L-10.5, W-4.5, H-3.25 inches.
- The Buick Y-Job was the American auto industry’s first concept car, produced by Buick in 1938. Designed by Harley Earl, the car
- had power-operated hidden headlamps, a distinctive “gunsight” hood ornament, electric windows, wraparound bumpers, flush door
- handles, and many styling cues used by Buick until the 1950s, including and the vertical waterfall grille design still used
- by Buick today. The “Y” in the name has two explanations: 1) All experimental cars were called “X”, so Earl simply went to the
- next letter in the alphabet. 2) The “Y” designation was selected by Earl because it was used extensively in the aviation industry
- denoting the most advanced prototypes. Chances are that you’ve never seen or heard of the Buick Y-Job, but there’s a little piece
- of this beautiful 1938 Buick concept vehicle in every one of today’s automobiles.